Should I take photos in RAW or in JPEG format?
The raw format
The advantages of this format:
The disadvantages of the RAW format:
The JPEG format
The advantages of the JPEG format:
The disadvantages of the JPEG format:
1. You don’t have much storage space.
2. You don’t have time to retouch the photos;
3. You don’t like to complicate your life.
4. You want to take a lot of photos in bursts;
5. You want to share your photos immediately.
Choose the RAW format in case:
1. You would like to retouch the photos.
2. You are patient.
3. You want to have photos of the best possible quality.
4. You want more possibilities to make up the exposure.
Choose the RAW + JPEG format if:
… you are a perfectionist.
So, now you know whether to take photos in RAW or in JPEG format.
Please give us your opinion, and also share your experience in the comments.